- MagAO-X @ SPIE Astronomical Telescopes + Instrumentation 2018
- MagAO 2018 Day N: Still Not Home
- MagAO 2018A Day 18: All Packed Up
- MagAO 2018A Day 17: The Wrong End of a Telescope
- MagAO 2018A Day 16: Day 365
- MagAO 2018A Day 15: Fringe Science
- MagAO 2018A Day 14: Not just a phase
- MagAO 2018A Day 13: Moonglow
- MagAO 2018A Day 12: #LifeAtLCO
- MagAO 2018A Day 11: Here Comes the Sun
- MagAO 2018A Day 10: Back to Clouds
- MagAO 2018A Day 9: The Universe
- MagAO 2018A Day 8: She blinded me with 73 clouds
- MagAO 2018A Day 7: El cielo estaba nublado
- MagAO 2018A Day 6: The Return of Magellanicus
- MagAO 2018A Day 5: Cloudy Empire
- MagAO 2018A Day 4: Science Data!
- MagAO 2018A Day3: Closed-loop On Sky !
- MagAO 2018A Day 2: Shell Set w/ All 64 bits!
- MagAO 2018A Day 1: Surprise mystery guest
- MagAO 2018A Day 0: Cool Clio Code
- MagAO 2018A Day -1: Strike On The Way In
- MagAO 2018A Blog Rules
- Congratulations Dr. Wu — MagAO’s newest Ph.D.!
- Greetings from LBTI AO!
- 2017B Day 14: Not the last blog post
- 2017B Day 15: The End of the 2017B Run, and a Hike to See Petroglyphs
- 2017B Day 13: The Owl’s Perch
- 2017B Day 12: Arcseconds Chocolates Owls Earthquakes
- 2017B Day 11: MagAO Team Takes a Field Trip!
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Things are winding down here. Today we did a big set of readout noise measurements on both of our cameras. We did a preliminary set a few days ago to make sure shipping went okay, but now that we are … Continue reading
Hi all! So at the end all the measurements are done… First we verified the settling time of the ASM for a reduced set of modes. Here there are some examples of the step responses (the slowest mode and the … Continue reading
Tip for users of pyramid wavefront sensors: you are not very sensitive to focus with a large modulation amplitude. For MagAO in particular, you have to get amplitude down to ~.1 milliradians before you really have any z-stage resolution. Tip … Continue reading